Interested in Volunteering?
We are so excited to have volunteer opportunities this year! All volunteers need to be district approved. You can find the form and guidelines on the district website https://sumnervolunteers.net.
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District welcomes and encourages parents and community members to actively participate in student learning through volunteering in schools and the Recreation Department. The community-teacher-student-family relationship is an important part of ensuring success for all students, every day.
All prospective volunteers must complete a volunteer application using the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District online Employment Application system.
Background checks will be conducted on all adults working with students as part of the application process.
To apply as a volunteer, please complete the following steps. The process should take approximately twenty minutes to complete.
- Fill out the online application. Please be sure to complete your profile and checklist.
- Complete the items in the checklist, including the mandatory disclosure.
- A State Patrol background check is conducted on all volunteer applicants.
- The principal or director will contact you if you are approved to volunteer.
- Once approved, all volunteers must annually reapply to volunteer.
If you need help scanning documents to upload or access to a computer, please call Human Resources at (253) 891-6025, or stop by the front counter for personalized help 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thanks so much for your willingness to serve the students of the Sumner School District!